Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Golden Ears Bridge

On Sunday we went to the completion celebration of the Golden Ears Bridge. We had a great time. My parents took me to the opening of the Alex Fraser Bridge in 1986. I still remember walking across that bridge. When I heard that they were doing something similar with this new bridge I knew that I wanted to take my kids and create those same memories. They estimated that about 70,000 people showed up! Here are some pictures.





There was a great band playing on the bridge and I couldn't help but snap this photo of my parents dancing on the bridge! How often do you get to do dance on a bridge?




There was another spot where they had this most amazing hoola hooper. Mackenna loves to hoola hoop and is actually very good at. She was thrilled to be able to hoola hoop on the bridge. Take a look at the size of that hoola hoop!







Kaidan was thoroughly enjoying his ice cream sandwich. Mmmmm............. I'm getting hungry now LOL




And then there is Kennedy who enjoyed most of the day on top of Daddy's shoulders.

No comments:

Post a Comment