Sunday, June 7, 2009

Entirely Frustrated!

For those of you who know me you know that computers just aren't my thing. I am not technologically minded. This is my biggest struggle. I have spent hours at my computer this week trying to get it to do what I want. I have so very little patience with computers and they do not bring out the best qualities in me.

Rod has been so very graciously trying to help me. He has spent much of his own time trying to get our computer set up to do the things I want it to do. We are so not there yet. If you think me along with a computer is bad you add Rod, me and a computer and well............... that is not a good combo! We both think very differently and I tend to rather exasperate Rod when it comes to computers. He is being patient and I am trying so very hard to have patience and to understand how computers work. Really Rod, I am trying :)

I am trying to get my computer to recognize files in RAW. I've now managed to get them on my computer but I can't view them and I can't open them in Photoshop. That's on the list for this week.

Natalie has also graciously spent hours with me this week teaching me things on Photoshop only when I go to my computer it isn't working! Natalie, I'll be calling you soon.

I'm learning. Slowly and baby stepping along the way. I had a few photo's that I wanted to share but I can't do what I wanted to them. Maybe this week sometime? I will share this one photo though. I took this while on a photo shoot with Natalie this week of another graduation. This young ladies dress was stunning! I'm a sucker for the details. While carrying around photo equipment, holding up a flash, trying to balance a reflector I managed to sneak this photo in. When I took this photo I was actually holding a flash in one hand while Natalie was taking a photo of the young man. Now if only I was as good with computers as I am at multitasking!


2 comments:

  1. Hahaha, you are hilarious!! That is a beautiful shot Lianna!! AND, I can veryify, you were holding all my equipment!! I remember you shooting this pic wondering how you would ever keep it in focus! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patient Partner :)June 7, 2009 at 12:03 PM

    Lianna, one thing that I really love about you is that you are a determined person. Even though the computer may be frustrating and exasperating, I know you will get through it. You are miles ahead of me and most on the camera (which is sort of a mini computer too) so just knowing that you've come so far so fast on that, I know you'll get the photoshop thing too.

    :)

    ReplyDelete