Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Adventures in Letter Boxing!

This past weekend we went out letter boxing. Rod's sister and BIL joined us and we had a great time! If you have not heard of letter boxing before I highly recommend it. You can read more about it here at www.letterboxing.org

Just a few words of wisdom if anyone plans on finding the boxes in Clearbrook Park. Do not wear flip flops. This trail definitely requires running shoes. I do not suggest bringing a stroller. Most definitely NOT an umbrella or a travel system. I would suggest bringing along some water to drink. Of course none of these suggestions come from our own experience (insert eye wink here) LOL. Oh and when they say there are a few steep grades........... they mean it :)

Here is Mackenna finding the first box. She was so excited. Her and her cousin, Miranda went in and found it.



As we were continuing on the trail and following our clues the kids were quick to notice evidence that beaver's lived in the area. We saw many trees like this one. Last night at dinner I noticed an obnoxious sound and when I looked over at Kaidan I was somewhat shocked to see him actually grinding the kitchen table with his teeth. I asked him what on earth he was doing. "I'm a beaver Mommy!" Of course!




Here is a photo of our book after finding the second box and stamping it.




And of course I can not help but take photo's of my kids. Here is a picture of each of them while we were out finding the boxes.







2 comments:

  1. Oh WOW! Lianna, your kids are getting sooo big! I LOVE these pics! I will have to check back more often!
    Tammy J ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard about the letter boxing adventure ... fun to see the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete