Saturday, October 10, 2009

Info & Tid Bits

Requests to take photo's have started coming in and I thought I would take a minute to provide some info.

First of all yes I am available to do photo's. The first question that everyone wants to know is how much do I charge. It seems that I often choose a rather unconventional way of doing things and my pricing scheme for photography seems to be following suit.

I have chosen at this point in time to not have any set prices. I am asking people to pay me what they can afford and or what they feel the photo's are worth to them. In addition I am also encouraging people to pay me in non-monetary ways. The possibilities here are endless and unique to each person. I will say though that I'm not a coffee drinker and really don't care for alcohol :) If someone is more comfortable writing me a cheque I am not going to say no.

For a photo shoot I will give you 2 hours of my time. I am still brainstorming the best way for you to view the photo's. You may choose 10 images that I will edit and put on a cd for you to print yourself.

Why am I doing it this way? It's kind of a long answer! The really short version is that it is a personal conviction of mine. I may not do it forever. It may only be for a time. But right now this is what I feel I should do. I am much more interested in God's economy and His way of doing things don't always make sense.

I also thought that I would put it out there that my absolute passion and what I would really love to do is birth photography. I have my first birth booked for March. I am very excited about this. If there are any pregnant Mamma's who would like their birth to be photographed speak up!!!!!!!

I am baby stepping my way into this passion and have much to learn! I am so thrilled that I have the opportunity to do something that I love and feel so incredibly blessed. God is good!

1 comment:

  1. Lianna, I am getting into this for the fall/holiday season too this year and am having to come up with prices and such...oh my it is so hard to know exactly what to do...but I love your idea and think it is so wonderful how you are handling it!

    ReplyDelete