Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I'm still here!

I have not fallen off the face of the earth. And yes, I am still taking photos. I could come up with many reasons why it has been so long since I posted some. The real reason why though is because I am frustrated.

I have these images and visions in my head of what I want my photos to look like and well............ there is this thing called a learning curve. Yeah, I kind of suck at that. My personality is that I want to learn it all and RIGHT NOW! Patience is not exactly one of my strong points. I get frustrated with my lack of resources that I have. Although I did recently make my first purchase of a good lens there is a list a mile long of things I would like to own. I have so much to learn on the editing side of things and lots of computer stuff to learn. Again, not one of my strong areas. I have vision though and lots of it! I've decided that I need to embrace where I am at and just keep going. It will come and I will learn like everyone else........ one step at a time.

Oh and on a different note I think this must be a milestone in the life of a photographer. I had my first dream. You know the back to school dreams? The ones where you can't find your locker, then you can't find your classroom? You bring the wrong book and you haven't studied for that test yet? I'm not the only one that had those right? Yeah, well this dream I was second shooter at a wedding. I arrived and opened up my camera bag. To my horror I had only brought my camera body with me. I did not have a single lens. It gets worse LOL Then I realize that all of my memory cards are full and my battery is completely dead. Yes, this is the way to get hired to be a second shooter isn't it! Seriously I thought I was beyond having these kind of dreams. Oh well............ does that make me official now?

I promise some pictures will be coming soon. My Dad celebrated his 60th birthday this summer, the kids first day of school pictures, and more.

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your pics - I know they are goregous!! :) I should be your photo editing partner - I love doing that side of things!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Liz......... that would be soooo wonderful! I would love nothing more than that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) It would be awesome, wouldn't it? I love taking the photos, but most of the time I'm just as excited to get it open in photoshop and edit it!! :)

    ReplyDelete